Friday, June 7, 2013

Quilting in the summertime

This spring I finally took a Quilting 101 class to learn the real way to quilt.  Before this, I was self-taught and now I know the important basics. I made a quilt using batik fabrics because my whole house is a tropical theme. (I live in Colorado, but was born and raised in Southern California and lived a total of 6 years two different times, in Florida) I will return to live by the sea one day...I will figure out how to do it. Here is my quilt and a matching pillow I made with the scraps. The machine quilting is definitely not perfect, but it is good enough for my first attempt. I did outlining around the rectangles and stippling in the sashing. The pillow was fun, a lot of work, but I like the result.





 
 
In their new home...

No comments:

Post a Comment