Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Party dress, shoes and purse

It took weeks, but my Christmas party dress finally got completed...and then I had the bright idea to make a matching purse...the morning of the party! I double lined the purse so that I could insert plastic needlepoint canvas into it to make it stiff like a purse. I may make the purse again, but not this dress. (It started out with a different style top half that was not comfortable, and my friend Mary told me to cut the top half off and get a new pattern for the top. I did, and it was nothing short of a miracle that this lengthy project was completed in time for the party. (this really was the best picture of the dress...knee length, straight skirt) I made a quick trip to the bead store and made a matching necklace and bracelet...and accidentally found matching royal blue silk shoes at DSW!

And the purse...my favorite part of the whole project!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment